HHA issues vouchers to eligible households to rent units just as any unsubsidized renter. Landlords determine renter suitability. Voucher participants pay 30% to 40% of their income toward rent and utilities. The remaining rent is paid by HHA directly to the landlord by Housing Assistance Payments (HAP). Attached are links and forms available for your review and print to assist you as a Housing Choice Voucher Program landlord.
- Change in Ownership Upload Form
- HUD Inspection Checklist Upload Form
- Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) Contract Upload Form
- Rent Increase Form Upload Form
- Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (IRS FORM W-9) Upload Form
- Request for Tenancy Approval (RFTA) Upload Form
- Stop Payment request Upload Form
- Tenancy Addendum Upload Form
Rent Reasonableness Policy
Per federal regulation 24 CFR 574.320 (a)(3), Huntington Housing Authority (HHA) will conduct a test to determine if the rent you are requesting is reasonable. The rent charged for a Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) assisted unit must be reasonable in relation to rents currently being charged for comparable units in the private unassisted market and must not be in excess of rents currently being charged by the owner for comparable unassisted units. Additional guidance on Rent Reasonableness issued by the US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) is also available here.